Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Garden Veggie Tomatoes Recipe

Okay, okay, I am the first to admit that I don't always get my 5 plus servings of veggies a day but I do try after all I love them, but also love other stuff too.  I'm a foodie, what can I say.  With Spring here and my veggie garden going crazy I have no excuse.  I just ate a fresh roma tomato right off my vine this very morning!  What's better than a cute little tomato stuffed with cheesy goodness?  Not much if you ask me.



Garden Veggie Tomatoes Recipe
Combine first 2 ingredients; chill 2 hours.  Cut tomatoes lengthwise through the stem end  almost through (don't cut all the way).  Make a second cut perpendicular to the first, almost cutting tomatoes into quarters.  Roll the cream cheese mixture into scant 1 inch balls; put one cheese ball into each tomato.  Set filled tomatoes on a serving plate with Blue Aztec Chips on one side.  Sprinkle tomatoes with minced fresh parsley.  Makes 6-8 servings.

Helpful Tips
  • Use cherry tomatoes or roma they are a bit larger than if you tried to use grape tomatoes
  • Hollow out the tomato with a melon baller which I like better than cutting the X pattern
  • Use different color cherry tomatoes like yellow and orange
  • Serve with other assorted veggie tray like sugar snap peas, carrots etc

Simply Enjoy,

Jamie Volner, your TS Consultant
The food you love, the time you deserve
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/jvolner

No comments:

Post a Comment